The bare-rooted form is the traditional way to plant roses, and remains by far the most popular with our customers. The main benefit in choosing bare root roses is that they cost less. Besides this, they are quick and easy to handle, (a couple of dozen can be carried in one hand - unlike potted roses!), and they are robust. They can be stored in their packaging without requiring constant attention.
Despatch Information for Bare Root Roses
Delivery to UK Mainland
• For Orders without Standard Roses: £5.95.
Small orders, to about 10 roses, according to weight, travel by Royal Mail. Larger orders are automatically upgraded to the Carrier Delivery Service at no extra charge.
• Delivery Charge for Orders with Standard Roses: £9.95
This covers any combination of Standards and other roses.
Post-code and telephone number of the receiving address, and instructions for leaving packages in case no-one will be present to take delivery. Otherwise, the driver will leave a card notifying attempted delivery.
Carrier Delivery at £9.95 is available for small orders - this enables choice of delivery date.
Delivery to UK Off-Shore Islands & European Union
All Bare-Root roses except Standards are available
• 1 - 4 roses £7.85
• 5 - 8 roses £15.70
(note - in this option the order may be divided and
delivered as two separate packages).
9 or more Roses
Please advise us of the quantity and we will quote the delivery cost.
Discounts - The following amounts are deducted automatically
• 5% discount for Rose Value over £100.00.
• 10% discount for Rose Value over £200.00.
• Credit and Debit card payments are debited at the time orders are placed.
• Cheques are banked on receipt in the office.
How To Order
Order during Office Hours using the following methods:
• Telephone: 01462 420402
• Telephone: 0044 1462 420402 for international calls
Order at Any Time
• Website: www.roses.co.uk using the secure ordering facility
• Email: email@example.com
• Post: Harkness Roses, The Rose Garden, Cambridge Road, Hitchin, Herts SG4 0JT.
• Season - Bare Root Roses are available from the end of October to early March
• Choosing a Delivery Date Due to transit times varying between 24 and 48 hours, we no longer guarantee delivery dates. Nonetheless there is a
reasonable chance that roses will be delivered on the requested date. In season, we can usually deliver at short notice, e.g. within a working week of placing an order.
• Delivery Days for Carrier Delivery are Tuesdays to Fridays inclusive.
• 'Enjoy Your Roses': an 8 page booklet of Planting & Care advice is enclosed in the package.
• Greetings Cards: are available with a personal message. Price £2.50
• Potted Roses: enable planting from April to October, above see for details.
Free Replacement Guarantee
We replace bare-root and potted roses free of charge if they fail to grow because of defective plants or delays in transit. We also replace roses that turn out to be the wrong variety. Please notify all such problems within 7 days of receiving the roses, or in the case of mis-labelling, when the roses come into bloom. Payment will be refunded if replacement is not possible. This guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, statutory consumer rights.