Harkness supply top quality pot grown roses
Our Pot Grown Roses are growing in 4.5 litre pots in compost specially formulated for roses, fed by slow-release fertiliser that will last the current season.
The amount of growth on the roses will vary at different times of year.
Pot grown roses will be freshly potted from November to February.
They will have new shoots beginning in March and April.
They will be in leaf and then buds May and June.
They will be in flower June and July.
We try to stagger the flowering time so that we can make deliveries in bloom throughout the Summer from Mid June to late September, but nature (and unpredictable demand from customers) make it difficult to get this 100% right. In Summer if the plants are not in flower they will be coming into bud and be in flower in your garden shortly.
How To Order
Order at Any Time
• Website: www.roses.co.uk using the secure ordering facility
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post: Harkness Roses, The Rose Garden, Cambridge Road, Hitchin, Herts SG4 0JT.
Order during Office Hours (09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday)
• Telephone: 01462 420402
• Telephone: 0044 1462 420402 for international calls
Despatch Information for Pot Grown Roses
Delivery is available to UK Mainland Only.
• For any quantity of Pot Grown Rose plants: £7.95
• Post-code and telephone number of the receiving address.
• Instructions for leaving packages in case no-one will be present to take delivery. Otherwise, the driver will leave a card notifying attempted delivery.
• Choosing a Delivery Date
Due to transit times varying between 24 and 48 hours, we can no longer guarantee delivery dates for outlying areas of U.K. (best to allow a day or two in advance). Nonetheless the courier normally delivers on the requested date, but no courier is perfect. We can usually deliver at short notice if you ask nicely! Delivery days can be Tuesdays to Fridays (see below).
• Delivery Days are Tuesdays to Fridays inclusive.
We despatch on Mondays to Thursdays for our courier to deliver on Tuesdays to Fridays. For outlying areas of U.K. Mainland we despatch Monday to Wednesday as they often take 48 hours to deliver.
This despatch pattern is to give the plants the minimum time in transit. While they are growing living plants it is unpleasant for them to spend excessive time in a warehouse, shut away from light in a dark box. Our intention is to avoid the plants spending a weekend in a warehouse or roasting in the back of a couriers lorry on a sunny Summer Sunday.
Prices, Discounts and Offers
• Credit and Debit card payments are debited at the time orders are placed. On our web site you can choose to use Sage Pay or PayPal, both of which offer security to you
• Cheques are banked on receipt in the office.
At times we will make special offers which are only available within the terms and conditions of the offer that we make. All offers are made subject to stock availability
• Prices for roses in pots are shown throughout this website, each variety has a web page as a Pot Grown Rose.
• All roses (except for Standards) are available, subject to being in stock at the time of ordering. As the season progresses certain roses will become sold out. A phone call is all it takes to check availability. For delivery outside the UK mainland, and delivery of Standard Roses, please order Bare Root Roses.
• 'Enjoy Your Roses': an 8 page booklet of Planting & Care advice is enclosed in your delivery.
• Greetings Cards: are available with a personal message. Price £2.95
• Potted Roses are popular in Spring and Summer. There is no benefit in ordering them from October to February unless you are giving the plants as a gift or having a significant delay before planting. At this time it is better to order Bare Root Roses, as the Pot Grown Roses will only be recently potted.